Activities in Manali
Manali is a hub of adventure sports, providing you a wide range of sports activities .Some of the sports action which can be enjoyed here are:
1.Paragliding: Attain wings and soar into the open sky.
2. Ballooning: Float in big balloons to enjoy the view of panoramic landscape from a high point in sky.
3. Skiing: A fun sport where you can shoot down the snow slopes on skiis. Manali provides some of the best snow slopes in this part of the World.
4. Trout fishing: A pleasure cum adventure sports in the cool and serene environs of rivers like Beas, Tirthan, Parvati and Sainj.
5. River rafting: A thrilling experience in which you can roller coast down the swift river Beas.
6. Trekking: Walk through the world's best trekking corridors! Kullu -Manali offers a bonanza for both amateur and seasoned climbers. Manali acts as a good base station as the basic trekking equipment is easily available here. Some of the important treks are:
- Manali to Chandertal lake
- Manali to Lamayuru via Baralacha pass
- Manali to Chanderkheni pass
- Manali to Bhrigu lake
- Manali to Kheer ganga
- Solang to Beas kund
In addition to these there are a number of other treks the details of which can be gathered from any good trekking agency in Manali. In addition to the above activites you can also enjoy Mountain biking, Jeep safaris, Zorbing etc.
What to see
A bountiful treasure of visual treat awaits you!
[I]. Local sight seeing:
The places to visit in and around Manali town are Hidimba temple, Manu temple, Vashisht temple and hot water springs, Kalath hot water springs, mysterious but beautiful Tibetan monastries, Syali Mahadev temple, the thickly forested 'Van Vihar', the serene banks of River Beas, the club house and many many more places!
[II]. Rohtang pass:
A 52 kms exhilerating drive from Manali through a dog- legged road, passing through gigantic and awe inspiring mountains, waterfalls, beautiful streams, snow and out of the world sceneries all around, finally leads you to the famous Rohtang pass. You are suddenly on a high: so high that you could shake hands with gods !
[III]. Cultural and Religious tours:
Explore the local culture and architecture.
- Temples of Lord Shiva and Gayatri Devi at Jagatsukh.
- Luxmi Narayan Temple at Sajala.
- Ancient castle and Roerich's Art gallery at Naggar.
- Vaishno Devi Temple at Kullu.
- Brahma Temple at Khokan.
- Vaishnoo Temple at Diar.
- Shiva Temple at Bajoura.
- Snow Shivalingam and Anjani Mahadev Temple in Solang Valley.
- Hot Springs, Gurudwara and ancient Temple in Manikaran.
Note: For further details and information regarding the adventure sports and sight seeing activities , contact Manager, Khushboo Resorts.